If you are anything like me, you were shocked to see how many toxins you and your family are exposing yourselves to in the home. It is just so easy to got to the store and buy an easy solution to use.
So what can we do to reduce the toxic overload, that doesn't cost the earth and actually works.
You will find plenty of websites giving fancy home-made cleaning products, but I have to say that I don't have time to make them, so we use the bare minimum. Here is my basic cleaning kit and what I use it for.
Spray bottle of cheap white vinegar, diluted 50/50 with water.
This is my 'go to' for all kitchen purposes. Vinegar cuts through grease and has disinfecting properties. It is my kitchen work surface top spray, and my quick bathroom cleaner. Yes I even spray the toilets with it.
Many would like to claim that vinegar 'doesn't work', but our family has been using it for several years now effectively. We have never had food poisoning and only Husband has contracted Tummy bug from work.
We try to use 'green' cleaning liquids when we have to, like Ecover or Bio D, but the best place to compare green credentials of products is to look on the Environmental Working Group web-site (although they don't seem to do all UK based companies so not exhaustive):
For Personal products in the bathroom, we use:
Most of our baths now are detox baths with 1/2 cup bicarbonate of soda, cider vinegar or rarely Epsom Salts. So we are not using bottles of bubble bath/shower gel.
Natural ways to heal